Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Yarn Along


Welcome to another Yarn Along post.  For anyone who doesn't know, the Yarn Along is hosted by Ginny over at Small Things.  It gives us a chance to share what we are stitching and what we are reading.  My only problem with it is that my list of patterns I want to make is getting very long and my goodreads want-to-read list is endless!  It's so much fun.

This week, I've been frantically trying to knit and to read.  Once a month, my Wednesday evening moms prayer/reading group meets on a Saturday to craft.  It's an eclectic group (the best way to describe us in so many ways - we couldn't be more different) but we also manage to have found this sense of community that I have rarely experienced in my life (but that's another post).  I got a full afternoon to knit on Pk's second pair of legwarmers.  They seemed ... short, so I extended them.  I gave the pattern a closer look and I discovered my mistake - they were a pattern to make a toddler pair (with a larger size pattern down below).  I think they have enough stretch that they will work so I decided to keep going (I have a very low tolerance for frogging and I couldn't stand the idea of starting from scratch).  If they don't work, they can go to a friend's little girl.  Over the weekend, I got one done and another half way there.  I'm also working on a dishcloth (since I've been so inspired around here!)




In terms of reading, I have finally moved onto two new books.  My friend lent my Sarah Bessey's new book, Out of Sorts.  I.LOVE.THIS.BOOK!!!!!  I liked Jesus Feminist but it didn't do it for me the way her blog has over the years.  This book, on the other hand, it fantastic.  I'd love to read it all in one sitting but I don't want to miss the chance to reflect on each chapter before I move on.  I definitely need to buy this book for my collection!

I also had someone lend me Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee.  I loved To Kill a Mockingbird and I have resisted reading this because I couldn't imagine loving it as much as her other book.  Someone handed this to me and said I had to read it and I've been trying to, slowly.  I'm not very far in (I keep falling asleep) but I'm not sure whether that's a statement about the book or about my life, of late.  I'll let you know.

I can't wait to see what everyone else is reading and knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment