Thursday, March 19, 2015

Yarn Along

I love the weekly Yarn Along hosted by Ginny at Small Things.  It's done so much to motivate me to knit!  I want to make sure that I have something to post and it keeps me on task.  Hooray!  I have three pregnant friends and I need to get going on baby blankets so this might provide me the motivation I need.

We went north to visit the inlaws this past weekend (the visit was supposed to be longer but Pk suffering a bout of what Dh's family calls "tummy wobbles" put paid to that).  Oh, well, that seems to be our lives these days.  On the plus side, 2 1/2 hours in the car each way did give me some knitting time and there are two new projects under way.

First of all, I finished my Guernsey Wrap.  I love how it has turned out.  It needs a bit of blocking but since it's a gift for next November or so, I think I'll have time.  I had a bunch of yarn left so I wanted to use it up.  I noticed several people had done the Reversatile cowl and it seemed a perfect car project.  It's almost done and I will probably give it to the same recipient as the wrap, since I hate wearing gray (I don't dislike the colour, it just looks terrible on me).

I have a question for anyone reading.  I am making this on a set of interchangeable needles on the cord and I am HATING them.  They keep coming unscrewed and even when they are just loose, they catch my yarn.  Am I the only person who has this problem?  Is there something I am missing?  It's driving me CRAZY!



I also started working on this lovely Nemue cabled wrap/scarf.  I love cables and I had a bunch of this colour left in Cascade Eco and it just seemed to go together well.  I love anything with cables and this is no exception.  It's a trickier pattern to read and I had to pull it out and start again when someone knocked my knitting and it got pulled and my attempt to rescue it didn't work but at least I am back as far as I had gotten.  It will definitely need good blocking when it's done.

 In terms of reading, I am still reading The Fringe Hours by Jessica Turner (which is speaking to me more and more as I read and I think will have a big impact on my use of time), Found by Micha Boyett (which is shocking me at how much I love it - I wasn't sure it would speak to me when I saw it featured on the SheLoves book club but my oh my, do I ever feel "found" myself reading this book - she shares so much of what I have felt in my faith along the way).  For lighter, fun reading, I am enjoying The Handsome Man's Deluxe Cafe by Alexander McCall Smith. I love his books, especially the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency and the Isabel Dalhousie series.  There is a sweetness to his books that is in no way cloying and I just love them.  I have friends who hate them, though - his books are slow and reflective but I don't find them boring, I just wish I could meet these people myself!
I can't wait to see what everyone else is reading and stitching this week!

2 comments:

  1. love the patterns you are knitting! :) very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use knit picks interchangeable needles and if I tighten them really tight with the little tool that comes with them, I don't have a problem. Love your cables!

    ReplyDelete