Sunday, April 14, 2013

Little Joys


The last few days have been hard for me.  I think I have a case of the blues that may be pushing its way into some full-on depression but I'm hoping that a few sunny days will help this to pass.  I have had a lot of little stresses in the last few days and sometimes, I deal with it really well but other times, not so much.  It's been a bit of a struggle to keep things going.  That being said, even in the midst of the crap, there have been some wonderful little joys.

The best today?  After church, I ran to the skating arena.  Several of my students were skating in a production but on by the local skating club and I promised I would go to watch.  Pk was thrilled because she loves all things Disney and there was a Disney theme to the show.  We got there to a huge crowd and it was totally overwhelming and out of the blue, I see this familiar face - a dear friend from work who is off on a leave.  Our daughters had a blast with the skating and we just talked and talked, decompressing the stresses we are both facing right now.  I can't tell you how much I needed that.  I really am so lucky to be surrounded by the wonderful people I have in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment