Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Yarn Along


It's been so long since I have participated in a yarn along over at Small Things but I have really missed it.  I have been knitting, though, as you can see.  This is Jared Flood's "Guernsey Wrap" and I love it!  I am doing it in Cascade Eco and the colour is lovely, if I do say so myself.  It's been a great deal of chart reading until I got the hang of the pattern and I won't miss that part when it is done but I am loving the feel and the pattern.  I have about 25 rows left to go and I can't wait!

In terms of reading, I am sort of in between books right now.  First, there's "The Shadow Queen" by Rebecca Dean and I just picked it up off the new books shelf at the library.  It's not bad but I am still not sure about it.  I'm slowly wending my way through the first of Madeleine L'Engle's four volume set The Crosswicks Journals and I am adoring it in small doses.  I feel like she is a personal friend and I felt quite a sense of grief when I realised that she had died back in the 90's.  Finally, I am browsing my way through The Gentle Art of Domesticity by Jane Brocket.  This is a home addicts' dream... crafting, colour and home keeping on a new level.  I love this book!  I have become addicted to Louise Penny's Three Pines mysteries and at the moment, I am waiting for the next book to come in at the library.

Happy reading and stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment