Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Yarn Along


I haven't participated in Ginny's "Yarn Along" over at Small Things in a while and I have really missed it.  Sadly, there has been VERY little knitting time these days.  I am hoping that as this set of report cards gets written, life will ease up for a while and I will be able to do some more.  The local cable t.v. station is coming to film our "knitting guild" at the library on Thursday night, so I had to get something started.

Knitting - this is a cute hat/scarf combo that I found.  The pattern is here.  It's been easy to follow so far.  I'm not 100% convinced on the colour for LB - I bought the yarn during Boxing Week and the store was crazy and I had both kids and the salewoman was less than efficient.  I just grabbed the first thing that looked decent.  I just hope it will fit his big head :-)

Reading - I've been steadily reading through the pile from the library, slipping in reading time when I can.  I must admit, I've been really tired from the crazy pace at work and I don't often get far before my eyes get heavy.  I do love Alexander McCall Smith.  I was pondering how ironic that is, given that, especially in the Isable Dalhousie series, things wander off into philosophical ponderings, something that would drive me crazy in a conversation and yet I love it in his books.

I can't wait to see what everyone else is working on!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by Wild Whispers today! We love when the bread is hot and fragrant from the oven! How lucky for you that you have someone in the house to fill it with homebaked bread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great color you are knitting with :) I hope the hat fits!!

    ReplyDelete