Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Weekly Yarn Along

I have come to really love the weekly Yarn Along hosted by Ginny at Small Things. I haven't done a lot of posting lately (I hope to remedy that in the next few days) but I always seem to find time for my Yarn Along post. I have been doing so much more reading and I think that it is, in party, thanks to this series. Thanks, Ginny, for the inspiration!

Knitting - of course, since I don't really want to do the blocking and assembling of the sweater I have been working on, I have found something else to do and something that is perfect for my ADHD brain. I love little projects that can be done quickly and I have started to yearn for fall (my favourite season). I found a pattern for these knitted leaves (washclothes) and they have been fun and quick to make. They are supposed to be concave when you knit them and then block out flat but I am not having much luck with that... I'll keep trying, though.

Reading - I found this book by Lily King, "Father of the Rain" on the new books shelf at the library. It's good, if rather depressing (an 11 year old girl dealing with the divorce of her parents and her father's alcoholism) but it is oddly readable at the same time. I also have rediscovered a light and fluffy mystery writer who I have enjoyed in the past, M.C. Beaton, and picked up a few of her books.

What are you working on this week?

1 comment:

  1. those washcloths are really nice! i've not seen that pattern before, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete