Thursday, June 30, 2011

Happy Summer!!!

Today was the last day of school. We had meetings for the morning, which is NOT my favourite way of spending time. I'm the primary lead teacher for 2011/2012 and I got a glimpse of what I will be facing next school year - to be honest, at times, working in a sea of women isn't so much fun. They can be downright nasty and today I dealt with a situation in which a group of who I might refer to as the "in" crowd were quite nasty to someone who is "out" due to no fault of her own. It really frustrated me. By the time the day was over, I was LIVID and frustrated. What a good time to go off for two months out of that environment!

So, I plan to have a summer of fun - music class with Baby Bean, swim lessons with Pk, weekly trips to the local farm that has a playground and to which we have a season pass, several trips to the city and up to visit the in-laws up north. I can't wait!

I thought I would just share a couple of cute photos. Last night we had "teddy bear" stories at the library. As you can see from the bottom photo, Baby Bean loved the big teddy his friend R brought.

(And, by the way, I got permission from everyone to post the pic of the kids)


No comments:

Post a Comment