Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Recipes


I love to cook and a favourite thing for me is to try new recipes. One thing I love about blogging is that I have found so many amazing new food treats. I have wondered what the etiquette of posting other people's recipes is (of course, I would credit them) but even then, I am a tiny bit wary about doing that so I have decided that the best thing to do is to post some links to some great recipes I have tried lately every so often. Just a heads up - we try to use only whole grains, as few processed ingredients as possible, organic when we can afford it and as often as possible, only less refined sweeteners (maple syrup, honey, sucanat).
These are our favourite pancakes - don't ask me why the photo is sideways but it does show you, these are terrific.

Here are a few of my favourites of late:

Laura at Heavenly Homemakers has a great selection of recipes. I haven't gone wrong with anything there. Her recipes tend to have reasonably few ingredients but I am often surprised at just how lovely the flavour is. I wanted a good Whole Wheat Pancake that didn't taste too far off what I picture as a pancake. We follow her recipe and I usually add a cup of frozen raspberries. If you let the batter sit for half an hour before you add the raspberries, they tend to fluff up and taste amazing. I also have found that her Garlic Chicken Pasta is fantastic for using up leftover chicken when I have done a roast chicken. We like garlic so I tend to be fairly generous.

I tried this Baked Lemon Pasta from The Pioneer Woman. It was fantastic! I added too much garlic (I managed to print off the recipe without some of the amounts and I guessed how much to put in and it was too much). It was terrific, though - you just didn't want to be too close to us after we ate it.

This Maple Glazed Chicken from Cooking During Stolen Moments was something that we tried tonight. It was really good, too. I cooked it too long but even a bit dry, it was yummy. Surprise, surprise, it was full of garlic.

Finally, these are our favourite muffins - Flax Muffins from Mothering Magazine. We make these once a week and I love them. I don't like muffins that are too moist or too sweet and these are nice and somewhat biscuit-y - perfect warm with a bit of butter and don't contain any sugar or white flour :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment