Wednesday, January 6, 2010

God Stuff

Pk is obsessed with Veggietales and she has become the queen of imaginary play. We bought her the Veggietales calendar and she "talks" to the characters on the front of the calendar. Last night, I went into the room and she told me that she was reading her Bible to the Veggietales. She opened it to the last page and said, in a serious voice, "Do not be afraid. God loves you very much." I was blown away. Not bad for 28 months! I guess she is getting some good influences!

A blogging friend posted a fantastic idea yesterday. The idea is that you buy a Bible for your child but instead of giving it to him or her, you hold onto it, write ideas in it and give it to him or her when he or she leaves home. I love this idea!!! She has found the perfect Bible for it - the text is on one page and the opposite page is blank other than lines so that there is plenty of room for writing notes and reflections. I am going to order one for Pk a.s.a.p. I was thinking I might expand the idea a bit and pass the Bible around to family and close friends who are Christians. I love the idea of her being well into adulthood and having her grandparents' handwriting in her Bible. What a connection to the most important things in life. If you are interested, pop on over to visit at Thankful for more information.

1 comment:

  1. This is a cool idea! Thanks for sharing it. Veggietales are fun, and perhaps you should look into buying her an actual veggie tales character (like a stuffed animal) to play with. Sounds like it would be a hit.

    Kids are great, and her bible teaching reflects the seeds you've sown into her, great job!

    ReplyDelete