Saturday, November 14, 2009

Gratitude 71

Last night, Dh went out to his car and came back with a stack of mail, including a package - for me!  I love getting mail (well, real letters and Christmas cards and things like that) and it feels like these days, 95% of what we get is bills and another 4.99% is bills.  It is such a rare thing to get something nice in the mail.  The package was from Kittenpie and ANYTHING from kittenpie is something to get excited about.  If she ever quits her job, she could be a professional gift consultant.  She has the most amazing instincts for what someone would like and she has, on several occasions, gotten me something that was my heart's desire and yet, I didn't even know that it existed.  This time, it was two books.  One is a picture book that is very, very sweet.  The other is a novel, "The Mermaid's Chair" by Sue Monk Kidd.  I had just finished reading my last novel that I had in the house and I haven't been using the library much, since a.  I have several overdues that need to be dealt with (yes, I know, bad me) and b.  I am so tired these days that I only read a few days at a time so I don't get through books fast enough for the library to be very useful (so sad, I have always been a voracious reader).  I have started the book (I actually got through about 25 pages before I fell asleep last night, which is pretty good for me) and I love it so far.  I will enjoy it more knowing who it came from.
Thanks, Kittenpie!

1 comment:

  1. No problem, friend. I love sending you gifties and treats. That picture book just seemed so apt for you, a gardener and a woman of faith who has just had one of her own wishes come true after weathering through a year of living on faith. What a wonderful thing to be able to celebrate in a tiny way.

    ReplyDelete