Monday, October 26, 2009

Re:Dilemma

Thanks for the input, everyone.  It's interesting to see what everyone else has to say.  I am still very on the fence but there is supposed to be a seminar at the hospital tomorrow for the public on H1N1 and pregnancy so I plan to go to that, although I doubt they are going to be able to share anything new, since I have researched this to death.  
Anyone know whether you can have titres done?  We had a couple of really nasty viruses go through here last winter and one in particular might have been H1N1 given Pk's symtoms.  If it turns out we have already had it, I believe that would take the decision away which would be really, really nice.  
I am going to whine again but I really wish this was an easy decision.  I wish I could be as sure as all of you.  Honestly, I am not seriously anti-vax in most cases (Pk has had most of the standard ones and I have had all of them, up until now).  It's just the doing-it-while-I-am-pregnant thing that scares me witless.  If the baby ended up having birth defects or, what I am most afraid of, autism, I would always have to wonder.
I'll let you know what I decide.  Ugh, I hate this.  I hope my doctor has some good advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment