Sunday, October 4, 2009

Gratitude 58

It was dark when we sat down to dinner tonight.  While we are late eaters (so weird, we didn't used to be but since Pk was born, we seem to get later and later), it wasn't so late that it being dark was normal.  I know that by February, the darkness will be making me miserable but tonight, it just made our home feel even more cozy.   There is something about a home-cooked meal, eaten at the dining room table on a Sunday night that makes life feel cozy, like a soft, heavy sweater or a down duvet.  I love the peace of a Sunday - I love church, it's probably the time I feel most connected during the week and we always do something "family" on Sunday after Pk's nap (although the drizzly weather kept us from doing what we had planned today).  The cozy evening at home was the end to a wonderful day.  I love home!

No comments:

Post a Comment