Thursday, September 17, 2009

Gratitude 49

I love going to the library.  This afternoon, after we walked the dogs, Pk and I went to the library.  We live in a small town and as far as I can see, there are three places that the people here hang out - the library, the pub and the baseball diamond.  Obviously, we are library people and we have met some really nice people there.  I love getting books and it is getting really exciting now that Pk is showing interest in more than just simple pattern board books.   Today, it was Max and Ruby (she must have seen them on t.v. at her daycare provider's house) and "Big Sarah's Little Boots", I think by Paulette Bourgeous (of Franklin fame).  I had to get that one since Pk has to wear her boots all the time... this evening, we got ready for her bath, she said that she had to use her potty and came running back wearing nothing but boots (should I be concerned LOL).  Anyway, I am rambling tonight.  The library is wonderful and there is nothing better than a pile of books waiting to be read.  In the days before Pk, that would mean coming home, making a pot of tea and getting settled on the couch.  These days, it means taking out one book and know that it might not get done but who cares?  I love the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment