Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Gratitude 41

I am grateful for the quiet, cosy moments with Pk every day.  I went back to work today after the summer off.  I have been really feeling this coming for a bit.  I find, when I am working, that by the time I get home from work, I feel like I have done nothing but run and I just can't seem to slow down and catch my breath.  This year, I am determined that it will be (a little bit) different.  I want to make sure that I have several really nice moments with Pk.  One thing I started last week and am really enjoying is our first-thing-in-the-morning book session.  As soon as she gets up, we go and sit on the couch and read.  It started with just her Bible but quickly has become 20 + minutes of reading all kinds of books.  It means getting up a bit earlier but it is so worth it!  It was wonderful to drive to work this morning KNOWING that we had already had time together.

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME...spending time in God's Word AND with your daughter will bring an abundant return sis!@@

    ReplyDelete