Sunday, September 6, 2009

Gratitude 39

I am grateful to be able to go home, to the home where I grew up.  I never liked my parents house and by the time we moved out of the city, I was tired and frustrated there.  It was somewhere that I just wanted to leave.  I have been away long enough now that to go home is to remember good times and I can see the beauty of it again.  We took the dogs down with us and ended up taking them to the dogpark that we used so often when we lived there.  If you aren't a dog owner, you can't understand the significance of your dogpark but we spent hours and hours there, visiting with people we might never have come in contact with otherwise - we were just people united by our love of our dogs.  We were even invited to a birthday party there for one of the dogs once (with games - bobbing for hotdogs, treats - carob cake for dogs from Three Dog Bakery and lootbags - biscuits and toys).  The park is filled with trees and we gathered acorns like we used to (I have a thing for acorns since my father used to gather them and drill holes in them and make necklaces for me when I was a child).  Pk got to play in the park (not something I ever really even noticed when we were there with the dogs).  You CAN go home again and sometimes, it looks better than it did when you left.

No comments:

Post a Comment