Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Gratitude 36

I was able to go shopping by myself today.  That's right, BY MYSELF.  It was a strange experience.  I was able to browse at HomeSense (I don't know whether they exist in the U.S., it's the home and decor arm of Winners, a discount store that sells really good stuff if you look), go to my favourite Christian bookstore (I found a VeggieTales book - a huge hit), get some scrapbooking paper at Michaels (not my favourite store but still, I could get cardstock) and I even got a latte... it felt so strange to have all that time to myself.  Of course, it won't happen again for a while but it felt like such a huge treat to be able to browse without trying to keep little hands from grabbing or a little body from trying to hurl itself from the cart.

1 comment:

  1. I went out and dropped off Pumpkinpie at daycare and then sat by myself and enjoyed coffee and a book for a while this morning. (Misterpie took the Bun in to his daycare.) Amazing how restorative it is to do something so simple - felt like my old self again!

    ReplyDelete