Friday, July 31, 2009

Gratitude 7

I am grateful for people who don't judge.  I went for tea yesterday with a friend from church and filled her in on everything that has been going on. I worry, especially about church people (sadly, in my experience, Chrisians, rather than being the least judgmental, often are the most judgmental).  This friend was wonderfully supportive and when I thanked her for not being judgmental, her response was, "What position would we be in to judge other people?  Our finances are a mess."  I think it was in a Beth Moore study, I read that Christians need to work harder to be honest about the troubles we are having so that others can see that belief doesn't mean we get to always travel the easy road and so that others can see that they are not alone in facing struggles.  My friend did that for me yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're finding the supports you need.
    Please, do look into the marriage counseling; it opened my eyes when my hubby and I did it 8 years ago this summer. Like you, I'd thought everything was okay before it all fell apart, and what I learned is that just because YOU think things are okay, doesn't mean they are.
    Wishing you and yours strength and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the thing - it may look like everybody else has their shit together, but it's not true. It's the old adage about the duck looking smooth on the surface, but paddling like crazy underneath. EVERYBODY had something.

    ReplyDelete