Monday, May 25, 2009

Going Back to the Land???

It probably doesn't look like much but I am really excited.  We have finally put in a raised vegetable bed.  We got it planted this evening - lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, peppers, peas, leeks, onions, basil, cilantro and parsley.  Who knows how it will do - we usually just grow tomatoes and basil and have probably done everything wrong.  I don't care.  I always get such an immense sense of satisfaction when I am able to cook with things that I have grown.  If I won the lottery (difficult since I don't buy tickets and don't really think I approve), I would buy a house out of town and have a large veggie bed and a few chickens... Dh and I really could turn into the couple from "The Good Neighbours" (a 1970's British sit-com about a couple who decide to go back to the land in suburbia and drive their neighbours insane).  Pk got into the act too - she decided to harvest basil before it was planted - I'll keep you posted on whether it survives.  

No comments:

Post a Comment