Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday Favourites

Pk is totally interested in stickers at the moment.  There are stickers all over our house and all over the dogs and cat and, as you can see, all over us.  Being elementary teachers, we do tend to go through quite a few stickers in a year and luckily, dh works not far from the Sandylion sticker outlet which has wonderful prices on rolls of stickers.  We discovered Pk's love of stickers at her music class, at the end of which the teacher gives out stickers.  We keep the stickers in the kitchen and she is especially interested in them in the morning which means that often, I leave the house with a sticker on my hand (or back or leg...).  I have developed this strange attachment to them.  When, in the course of the day, I happen to look down and notice it, I am instantly reminded of this special person who has so totally transformed my life.  My students think this is marvelous and so it is a big deal every morning for them to check me out to see what today's sticker will be.  I love these funny little stages that will probably pass all too quickly but make me feel like something so special is happening in my life.

3 comments:

  1. This is precious! What a fun little "game" you get to play, not only with your daughter, but also with your students!

    These are the moments we must remember to treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We too are in a huge sticker phase. I went to bed last night unaware that Grace had stuck a sticker on my pajamas. I woke up during the thinking it was a bug. Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! I forgot that Pumpkinpie used to stick stickers on us all the time, too.

    ReplyDelete